PAST WEBINARS – All Webinars are previously recorded
2021 Free Webinar Series
How to Declutter When You Have ADHD and Are Drowning in Stuff by Nathalie Pedicelli
This session is designed to help you:
1 – Recognize the core reasons that contribute to clutter build-up when ADHD is present and how this becomes an issue in daily life.
2 – Utilize an ADHD-friendly method to improve your ability to let go of items.
3 – Apply strategies that help with your overall ability to maintain an organized home or office.
2020 Free Webinar Series
ADHD and Sleep by Dr. Margaret Weiss
ADHD is a 24-hour disorder. Nighttime difficulties associated with ADHD include delayed circadian rhythm (going to sleep too late) and night to night variability in sleep patterns. Difficulties with sleep further exacerbate problems with attention and impulse control. ADHD is a disorder of self-regulation that also makes it more difficult to entrain a regular sleep rhythm. This webinar examines how families and individuals with ADHD can improve this vicious cycle and in obtaining a good night’s sleep improve their well-being during the day as well.
Access notes here.
Tips for Parents of Students with ADHD Returning to School During Covid by Heidi Bernhardt
All students returning to school this fall will be forced to navigate a new reality, but students struggling with ADHD and other neurodevelopmental disabilities will be exceptionally challenged. Anticipating this, parents are rightly concerned. Find out what additional challenges your child can expect, questions you should be asking your child’s school so you can be prepared and ways to obtain those answers. In addition, parents will receive tips on preparing their child for this new environment and advice on preparing the school for their child’s additional needs. Access notes here.
My Child Has Just Been Diagnosed with ADHD, Now What?
The doctor or psychologist has just informed you that your child or adolescent has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD. You may be shocked, or maybe you have suspected it for some time. Either way, unless you have been down this path before, you have a long list of questions and concerns.
Your medical professional gave you a quick overview of ADHD, but you are now looking to the Internet for more information and others are giving you a great deal of unsolicited advice. How do you know what’s sound advise and what’s not? What do you tell the school? Should you even tell the school and how do you get your child the help they need? What about getting a psychoeducational assessment? What about treatment? Do all children with ADHD require medication and what about all those natural treatments?
This presentation will answer these questions and more, guide you to your next steps and teach you how to become an informed consumer and advocate for your child.
2016 – 2020 Webinars
Get all 22 recorded webinars from our archive (2020 and earlier) for only $50 ($220 value).
- Mission Impossible? Remote Learning for Children with ADHD
- ADHD in Early Childhood (Two Parts)
- Differentiating Between Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD) and Anxiety by Dr. Julie Desjardins
- Self Regulation and ADHD by Dr. Megan Smith
- How ADHD Affects Motivation by Dr. Thomas Brown (2019)
- Psycho-educational Reports, what they tell us about students with ADHD (2019)
- Relationships and Adult ADHD (2019)
- Sleep in Children with ADHD (2019)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) and Collaborative Productive Solutions (2018) (no abstract)
- Planning Ahead for a Successful Transition (2018)
- Substance Use Disorders-What’s the Deal? Adult ADHD and (2018)
- Transitioning from Childhood ADHD Into Adolescent ADHD: What Parents Need To Know (2018)
- ADHD Treatment (2017)
- Emotional Dysregulation and the use of the ABC Chart (2107)
- Impact of ADHD on the Child, Parents, Siblings and the Family as a Whole (2017)
- Parenting and Behavioural Strategies, ADHD in the Home (2017)
- Workplace, ADHD in the (2017)
- Executive Functioning and ADHD (2016)
- Learning and ADHD (2016)
- School Advocacy and ADHD. 3-part webinar series (2016)